Explore Penang from the Comfort of G Hotel Kelawai

So ever since we booked our trip to Penang, we were pretty excited about it and the day finally arrived!

We were driven to G Hotel Kelawai and greeted warmly upon arrival. Even had some scoops of ice cream to welcome us and brighten up our day. Of course, we couldn't wait to check out our rooms!

For Deluxe Rooms, we were pretty satisfied with the size and layout of the room. Had that elegant look to it with the furniture decked out and nicely arranged. I even had an arm chair to rest in while I indulged in my book (yes, I brought a book, don't judge).


One of the first things I did when I entered my room was to pull the curtains aside and peek out. It was scenic and I wanted to take a selfie but... no correct guesses on how it turned out, my face was too dark and the background too bright.


The TV was big! Made a mental note to utilise it at some point during our stay and watched AXN on it for a short while during our third day.


The toilet had the towels and the necessary toiletries. I noted that they used Appelles toiletries which are eco-friendly. 

They also had a mini bar, coffee machine and what we Singaporeans can't live without, free Wi-Fi!

All in all, I would say that I was pleased with my room. The thing about hotel rooms is that if you are busy traveling, you tend to underutilise them and we wanted to spend time enjoying the comfort that G Hotel Kelawai offered.

Next up, our breakfast place! Spoon.



This is not the typical breakfast spread but here's a little of what to expect during meals.




As always, when there's an infinity pool available, you just have to check it out. Having seen the photographs in press releases, we were not disappointed one bit with what we saw.


Told myself that I would be back and swimming here. Just couldn't wait to take a dip and chill out in the pool. I came back on our last day and had the whole pool to myself, wohoo! Enjoy max.

If you think the view during the day is good, check out the view during the night. There's also a rooftop bar, Gravity available if you want to grab some drinks and have htht. 


We had a great view from the sky deck (the same level as the infinity pool) during the day and if you enjoy the night lights, you simply have to see it for yourself.


Next to the pool is the executive lounge and man were our tummies glad that we had access to this place. We frequented this place during the late afternoons for tea, so that we could munch on a little something before we head out for dinner. 


No one probably visits the hotel's gym on their stay overseas but we decided to take a look anyway. Simple as it looks, it has everything you need in there. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to gym otherwise I would have gladly tried out the weights. All that eating makes anyone feel guilty of not working out.


If you are wondering how accessible the hotel is, it is located right next to Gurney Plaza and Gurney  Paragon, making it super convenient if you want to shop. Also, one of the hop-on-hop-off bus stations is within proximity of the hotel, so if you intend to visit tourist attractions via this mode of transport, you don't need to worry about how to get back to G Hotel. 

We had a lovely stay at G Hotel Kelawai and would like to thank them for their warm hospitality.

Visit www.ghotel.com.my for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment